U and I Group PLC operates through the ‘brands’ of the following developments: ‘Circus Street Brighton’.
U and I Group PLC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This privacy notice explains how we collect personal data bout you when you visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
Please note: the pages on this website are published by U and I Group PLC and by NEW Agency Ltd on behalf of U and I Group PLC.
As data processors acting on behalf of U and I PLC (data controller), NEW Agency Ltd and Campaign Monitor are required to comply with this policy. Any information collected by them will be dealt with in accordance with the policy terms.
Overview of processing
U and I Group PLC process data in order to circulate Regulatory News alerts by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information. They also process data on behalf of U and I Group PLC in order to manage our relationship with you which will include: to administer and protect our business and this website; to deliver relevant website content to you; and use data analytics to improve our website, marketing and experiences.
Campaign Monitor stores personal data on behalf of U and I Group PLC to enable us to circulate U+I newsletters, news, publications and events by email to anyone who actively opts-in to receive such information.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how U and I Group PLC collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website.
This website is not intended for children and we do not collect data relating to children.
U and I group PLC is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as U and I Group PLC, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in this privacy notice).
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the Company Secretary using the details set out below:
Controller: U and I Group PLC
Name of company secretary: Mr Chris Barton
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 7A Howick Place, London, SW1P1DZ
Telephone number: 020 7828 4777
This website contains links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Find out more about these cookies in our Cookie Notice.
2. Which personal information do we collect?
Personal information that you provide voluntarily:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and email address;
- Details of the type of property that you are interested in purchasing, such as number of bedrooms, location, price range, transport link requirements;
- Details of how interested you are in making a purchase and when you are looking to buy;
- Details of your current property status, including whether it has been sold or if it is up for sale and whether or not you are in a chain;
- Details of your financial circumstances, such as whether you are a purchasing by way of a mortgage or other means and if you are planning to live in the property or purchasing it as an investment.
- Where you have provided your feedback we will record your opinions and the text that you have written;
- Details of your marketing preferences and whether you are happy to receive marketing communications via Email, Telephone, Post or Text Message;
There are generally no adverse effects for you if you choose not to provide your personal information. You will still be able to use our website to view properties, download brochures or request copies of them in person when you are in one of our marketing suites. However, without some of this information, we may not be able to communicate with you and/or take certain actions that you request, for example because this personal information is required to respond to your enquiries.
Cookies and Personal Information that is collected automatically:
- A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you use our website.
- When you visit our website, we may automatically collect standard internet and website log information and details of patterns about how website visitors behave. The information we collect includes information about your internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the internet protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests. This may allow us to find out which parts of the website are popular or need changing. This is done in a way which does not identify any individual and we do not try to identify visitors to our website or to link this information with any personal information we collect.
- You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the website below tells you how to disable cookies from your browser. However, some of our website features may not function as a result.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
Personal Information provided by you:
The main way that we collect your personal information from you when you provide it to us. This could be through our website or when speaking to one of our sales staff, either in person, via email or on the telephone.
Personal information provided by third parties:
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as Estate Agents), which we may add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide our products and services to you.
We may receive your initial name and contact details from and introducer or other person(s) acting as agent on your behalf.
Additionally, property sales portals (such as Rightmove and Zoopla) and social networks (such as Facebook and Instagram) may pass your information onto to us where you have where you have given them permission to do this and registered your interest through an advertisement on one of their websites.
4. Why will we use your personal information?
Uses of your information:
The most common purposes for which we will use your information are:
- General communication: We will use your information to communicate with you and provide you with the details of properties that you have requested and to respond to any enquiries you may have.
- Understanding your property search requirements: We will use the details of the type of property that you are interested in purchasing and your direct marketing preferences to inform you about properties that we believe may be suitable to you.
- Direct Marketing: Where you have expressly given us consent, we may send you information about new property developments and or services which may be of interest to you. We will only do this where you have agreed to it and using your preferred methods of communication.
You can unsubscribe/withdraw your consent and ask us to stop sending you marketing materials at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of marketing emails.
We keep a record of when we receive consent from individuals and regularly review consent to check updates to preferences. We act on withdrawals of consent as soon as we can.
Additionally and as required, we may use your information:
- To analyse and improve U and I Group PLC’s products and services
- For general business administration
- To comply with our legal, contractual and regulatory obligations
- To comply with court orders and to exercise or defend legal rights
5. Who will we share your personal information with?
We may disclose your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf.
When we use third party service providers, we will retain control over and we will remain fully responsible for your personal data and we will use appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.